Dermatology-Rheumatology Trainee Psoriatic Disease Symposium: Los Angeles
This activity is supported by educational donations provided by AbbVie, Amgen, Celgene Corporation, Lilly,, Pfizer and Novartis Pharmaceuticals.
Dermatology Residents and Rheumatology Fellows
1. Describe the basic science and physical and psychosocial impact of psoriatic disease
2. Explain pathophysiology, indications, recommended dosages, efficacy, long-term safety, monitoring and side effects for current psoriatic disease therapies
3. Employ appropriate strategies to diagnose and treat comorbidities associated with psoriatic disease
4. Apply diagnosis and treatment knowledge toward specific case studies and special populations, including pediatric patients and those with comorbidities
5. Develop strategies to alleviate the cost and barriers associated with psoriatic disease treatment options
Abby S. Van Voorhees, M.D.
Director, Department of Dermatology
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Chair, Medical Board
National Psoriasis Foundation
Elaine Husni, M.D., M.P.H.
Vice Chair of Rheumatology
Director, Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Treatment Center
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University
Joseph Merola, M.D., M.M.S.C.
Harvard Medical School
Director of Clinical Trials
Assistant Program Director, Combined Internal Medicine-Dermatology Residency Training Program
Co-Director, Center for Skin and Related Musculoskeletal Diseases
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Philip Mease, M.D.
Director, Rheumatology Research
Swedish Medical Center
University of Washington School of Medicine