February 14, 2018 A-PReP Dermatology Nurses' Association - San Diego
In conjunction with the 2018 Dermatology Nurses' Association conference, the Psoriasis Recognition Program is designed to help enhance your skills in caring for those with psoriasis. Physician assistants and nurse practitioners can attend a regional Recognition Program meeting to earn up to 4.00 CME credits. After completing this program, attendees will be formally recognized as up-to-date in the latest psoriasis treatments.
Lunch will be provided. Registration is from 12:30 - 1:00pm outside the Marina 3 Room.
To register for this course, please login and select the Take Course button at right.
This activity is supported by educational grants from Celgene Corporation, Eli Lilly & Company, Janssen Biotech, Inc., Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Pfizer, Inc. and Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC.
The National Psoriasis Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The National Psoriasis Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, RNs and other allied health professionals
After completing this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss evolving understanding on the pathophysiology of psoriasis, including identification of targets for therapy.
- Apply guideline-based criteria to the diagnosis and assessment of psoriasis.
- Select appropriate therapies for moderate to severe psoriasis based on current evidence for efficacy, safety and adherence.
- Describe the role of early intervention and referral in psoriasis, including the use of goal-oriented strategies in monitoring outcomes from therapy.
- Outline the spectrum of comorbidities associated with psoriasis and institute treatment plans aimed at minimizing their impact.
Lakshi Aldredge, MSN, ANP-BC
Portland VA Medical Center
Veronica Richardson, MSN, CRNP, ANP-BC
Dermatolgy Nurse Practitioner
University of Pennsylvania Health System
Megan Noe, MD, MPH
Department of Dermatology
University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine