Psoriatic Disease: It's More Than Skin Deep - Psoriasis Overview
Dr. Alex Ortega Loayza presents an overview of psoriasis.
The National Psoriasis Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The National Psoriasis Foundation designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Dermatologists, Pediatricians, Primary Care Providers, NPs and PAs
- Discuss evolving understanding on the pathophysiology of psoriasis, including identification of targets for therapy.
- Apply guideline-based criteria to the diagnosis and assessment of psoriasis.
- Select appropriate therapies for moderate to severe psoriasis based on current evidence for efficacy, safety and adherence.
- Describe the role of early intervention and referral in psoriasis, including the use of goal-oriented strategies in monitoring outcomes from therapy.
- Outline the spectrum of comorbidities associated with psoriasis and institute treatment plans aimed at minimizing their impact.
Alex Ortega Loayza, MD
Co-Director, Center for Excellence for Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis
Assistant Professor, Department of Dermatology
Oregon Health & Science University