September 17, 2017 A-PReP, Maui Derm NP+PA Fall 2017 -New Orleans
In conjunction with Maui Derm NP+PA 2017, the Psoriasis Recognition Program is designed to help enhance your skills in caring for those with psoriasis. Physician assistants and nurse practitioners can attend a regional Recognition Program meeting to earn up to 4.0 CME credits. After completing this program, attendees will be formally recognized as up-to-date in the latest psoriasis treatments.
To register for this course, please login and select the register tab then click Take Course button at right.
This activity is supported by educational grants from Celgene Corporation, Eli Lilly & Company, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Promius Pharma, LLC, Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC.
The National Psoriasis Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The National Psoriasis Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physicians, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners
After completing this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss evolving understanding on the pathophysiology of psoriasis, including identification of targets for therapy.
- Apply guideline-based criteria to the diagnosis and assessment of psoriasis.
- Select appropriate therapies for moderate to severe psoriasis based on current evidence for efficacy, safety and adherence.
- Describe the role of early intervention and referral in psoriasis, including the use of goal-oriented strategies in monitoring outcomes from therapy.
- Outline the spectrum of comorbidities associated with psoriasis and institute treatment plans aimed at minimizing their impact.
Planning Committee and Faculty
Paul Yamauchi, M.D., Ph.D. – Chair
Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Adjunct Associate Professor
John Wayne Cancer Institute
Santa Monica, California
Lakshi Aldredge, MSN, ANP-BC
Portland VA Medical Center