September 17, 2019 A-PReP at NPACE - Santa Ana Pueblo, NM
In conjunction with the Nurse Practitioner Associates for Continuing Education (NPACE), the Psoriasis Recognition Program is designed to help enhance your skills in caring for those with psoriasis. After completing this program, attendees will be formally recognized as up-to-date in the latest psoriasis education.
Refreshments will be provided.
To register for this course, please login and select the register tab then click "Take Course" button at right.
This activity is supported by educational grants from Celgene, Lilly, Janssen and Ortho Dermatologics.
Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance and will be responsible for submitting this certificate to their respective boards for reciprocal continuing education credit.
Physicians, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners
After completing this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss evolving understanding on the pathophysiology of psoriasis, including identification of targets for therapy.
- Apply guideline-based criteria to the diagnosis and assessment of psoriasis.
- Select appropriate therapies for moderate to severe psoriasis based on current evidence for efficacy, safety and adherence.
- Describe the role of early intervention and referral in psoriasis, including the use of goal-oriented strategies in monitoring outcomes from therapy.
- Outline the spectrum of comorbidities associated with psoriasis and institute treatment plans aimed at minimizing their impact.
Planning Committee and Faculty
Veronica Richardson, MSN, CRNP, ANP-BC – Chair
Dermatolgy Nurse Practitioner
University of Pennsylvania Health System
Lakshi Aldredge, MSN, ANP-BC, DCNP
Portland VA Medical Center